Travel Health Tips: Due to today’s lifestyle and eating habits, heart diseases are increasing in most people. People are becoming victims of this even at a young age. Heart patients are advised to take the same precautions as doctors. To avoid heart diseases, there is a special need to pay attention not only to eating habits or changing lifestyle but also to the activities of the whole day. If you are a heart patient and are going on a journey, then you should take special care of some things during the journey.
Travel Tips for Heart Patients
- If you suffer from heart problems you should consult a doctor before travelling.
- Conditions such as coronary artery disease, irregular heartbeat and heart attack or heart transplant require caution during travel.
- If you are a heart patient and are going on a trip, keep your medicines with you, so that they can be useful if needed.
- Heart patients are at risk of dehydration during travel, which also increases the risk of clotting. Therefore, to maintain proper hydration, one should keep drinking water for short periods of time.
- If a patient’s heart has been pumping for a week or the pulmonary pressure is high, such patients should take medicines before travelling.
- If a patient suffering from heart disease is traveling a long distance, he should stop for a while and walk. They should not sit at one place for a long time. In such a situation, there will be no possibility of blood clotting in the legs and your health will also remain good. Because if a blood clot forms, it can reach the heart, which can also lead to the death of the patient.
- Heart patients who have not undergone bypass or angioplasty should not lift heavy weights during travel.